For the last 5 years I have become the designated baker and decorator of all my friends and family's birthday cakes. My cakes are generally themed around inside jokes, ridiculous pop culture, fears, or eccentricities of the cakes recipient. With no training or background in the art of confection decorating, my cakes are carefully designed and decorated following 2 strict rules:
1. If you can't make it super cute why not make it really ugly
2. Go big or go home
Here are a few cakes I've made in the past
Celebrate a friends petrifying fear of roaches!
Celebrate a friend's secret desire to hoard stray cats!
In my quest to discover other bakers working in the art of ironic confection I scourered the Internet and came up with a list of my twenty favorite cakes.
And So I give you...
Tricia's Top Twenty Tacky Tasty Treats
(As found on the internet)
- For Carnivores and Children
- Not to be confused with Lil Wayne....Just because he won't play at you party doesn't mean he can't be there
- And who doesn't love an inbred elf ?
- Everyone loves coo coo clocks
- ... My dream cake
- This guy really loves the Califorina Raisins, and Scotland?
- Maybe there's a real cake inside this pinata
- Treat yourself! Eat yourself?
- When I get married I'd like one of these please
- Giving new meaning to "Celebrating Death"
- Alex P Keaton's favorite birthday
- The best of the best
- I Don't Wanna Be Burried In A Pet Cemetary
- Mustaches are always apropriate
- Da nu Da nu Da nu Da nu
- If you leave this out for Mr. Claus christmas eve you're sure to have extra presents in the morning
- Chewy Chewbacca
- I Pitty the fool who doesn't love this cake!